3CX Version 18 Upgrade was released back in August and we have many happy customers already running it.
UFONE has held off upgrading everyone until we were sure things were stable and we’re happy to report that they are, so we’ll be slowly rolling out the upgrade to all 3CX systems over the break while most people are closed.
The biggest change that 3CX users will notice is the new streamlined web client and matching Windows app. There are also many other enhancements under the hood.
3CX Version 18 Upgrade – UFONE will upgrade 3CX users to Version 18 over the summer 21-22 holiday period to take advantage of the most up-to-date features available.
Please contact us if you do not wish to be upgraded.
- Faster & more reliable Windows Desktop App
- Mobile Apps have been improved for seamless remote working
- Single Sign-On support
- Integration with Microsoft Teams
- Major improvements to voice quality and security
- More energy efficient
- Uses less memory
New 3CX Client and Desktop App
In Version 18, the Web Client has been improved and made available also as a native Windows Desktop App, eliminating the need for the browser extension. The new Desktop App uses the same Electron framework used by Teams and WhatsApp, integrating better with the OS for a faster and more reliable user experience. The Desktop App allows you to answer a call from the page you are working in (for example CRM) without having to switch between apps.
Improved Mobile Apps for seamless remote working
- Better codec management – auto-set codec depending on Network (WiFi/3G/4G).
- Improved reconnection in the case of network changes or drops.
- Never miss a call – collaborated with Google & Apple to improve the reliability of PUSH notifications.
- Added support for BlueTooth and hands-free devices.
- Siri integration – iOS users can now tell Siri to make calls using 3CX.
Single Sign-On (SSO) support
It is now possible to log in to the Web Client using your Active Directory, Microsoft 365 or Google account. Local active directory accounts are supported through Microsoft’s free Azure AD Connect service.
The 3CX Teams integration offers a cost-effective alternative to MS365’s Calling Plans. There is now a seamless unified calling experience both for 3CX users dialling Teams users and vice versa. Users can dial out via UFONE’s 3CX SIP trunks using our low cost domestic and international tariffs. Businesses can cut costs while having a much more powerful PBX to boot.
Voice Engine Reloaded – better performance, more secure
With the 3CX Version 18 Upgrade, extensive changes have been made internally to improve audio quality, improve reconnection and strengthen security:
- A+ in Security – V18 is updated to Debian 10, upgraded to the latest .NET core, OpenSSL and Postgres and now has the latest cyphers. Knocking out the competition on security, 3CX achieved A+ on Qualys labs and A on Immunilabs.
- Better Codec Management – The mobile apps and web-client now use G711 to reduce transcoding, resulting in less processor usage and better audio. Mobile apps use G711 when on WiFi and G729 when on the mobile network.
- Easy Call encryption with simple SRTP configuration.
- Over 50% reduction in processor and memory usage.
- Tunnel merged into the media server for faster recovery from network drops.
Contact us now if you’d like more information regarding the 3CX Version 18 Upgrade.
Also please contact us if you do not want to be upgraded to Version 18 for any reason.
0800 508 888